Cleveland County School District Head Start - ABC
The Cleveland County School District-Cleveland County Head Start-ABC Program is a non-profit organization providing services to low-income children and families since 1967. Our program is administered by the Cleveland County School District with the District Superintendent serving as the Executive Director. We are comprised of three centers located on the public school campuses of Rison, Kingsland, and Woodlawn. Currently, we are fully enrolled with 108 Head Start Children and 28 children that are a part of a state operated preschool program called Arkansas Better Chance for School Success which is located exclusively in the Rison and Woodlawn Centers.
Children who attend our program participate in a wide variety of educational activities. They also receive medical and dental care, healthy meals and snacks, and enjoy playing indoors and outdoors in a safe setting.
Our primary goal is to help all children succeed. Our program is small, but seen as a staple in our community. We are a place where children as well as parents receive education, motivation and inspiration. We strive to promote parents as the primary educator of their children, and try to meet the needs of every child in our program so that they will transition into the public school system healthy, socially well adjusted, and ready to learn.
Child Safety Recalls
- Eastman Footwear Recalls Coleman Runestone Children's Shoes Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Big 5 Sporting Goods 20 Feb 2014 | 9:00 am
- Infantino Recalls Teething Toys Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target 20 Feb 2014 | 6:00 am
- Lion Force Recalls Boys' Puffer Coats Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory 4 Feb 2014 | 7:00 am
- Runway Global Recalls Girls' Sugarfly Hooded Jackets Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory 4 Feb 2014 | 3:00 am
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards 31 Jan 2014 | 4:00 am
- Strollers Recalled by Britax Due to Partial Fingertip Amputation Hazard 30 Jan 2014 | 6:00 am
- Fred & Friends Recalls Infant Pacifiers Due to Choking Hazard 30 Jan 2014 | 5:00 am