Cleveland County School District Head Start - ABC
The Cleveland County School District-Cleveland County Head Start-ABC Program is a non-profit organization providing services to low-income children and families since 1967. Our program is administered by the Cleveland County School District with the District Superintendent serving as the Executive Director. We are comprised of three centers located on the public school campuses of Rison, Kingsland, and Woodlawn. Currently, we are fully enrolled with 108 Head Start Children and 28 children that are a part of a state operated preschool program called Arkansas Better Chance for School Success which is located exclusively in the Rison and Woodlawn Centers.
Children who attend our program participate in a wide variety of educational activities. They also receive medical and dental care, healthy meals and snacks, and enjoy playing indoors and outdoors in a safe setting.
Our primary goal is to help all children succeed. Our program is small, but seen as a staple in our community. We are a place where children as well as parents receive education, motivation and inspiration. We strive to promote parents as the primary educator of their children, and try to meet the needs of every child in our program so that they will transition into the public school system healthy, socially well adjusted, and ready to learn.
Child Safety Recalls
- Strollers Recalled by Kolcraft Due to Projectile Hazard 19 Jun 2013 | 10:30 am
- Nap Nanny and Chill Infant Recliners Recalled by Baby Matters LLC After Five Infant Deaths; CPSC, Firm Settle Administrative Litigation 14 Jun 2013 | 9:00 am
- Stride Rite Recalls Girl's Sandals Due to Choking Hazard 13 Jun 2013 | 10:00 am
- Adobe Recalls High-Powered Magnets Distributed with Promotional Materials Package (Recall Alert) 7 Jun 2013 | 2:00 pm
- Buy Buy Baby Recalls Idea Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard 31 Dec 1969 | 6:00 pm
- Chelsea & Scott Recalls Idea Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Onestepahead.com 31 Dec 1969 | 6:00 pm
- BeBeLove Recalls Baby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazards 31 Dec 1969 | 6:00 pm