Cleveland County School District Head Start - ABC
The Cleveland County School District-Cleveland County Head Start-ABC Program is a non-profit organization providing services to low-income children and families since 1967. Our program is administered by the Cleveland County School District with the District Superintendent serving as the Executive Director. We are comprised of three centers located on the public school campuses of Rison, Kingsland, and Woodlawn. Currently, we are fully enrolled with 108 Head Start Children and 28 children that are a part of a state operated preschool program called Arkansas Better Chance for School Success which is located exclusively in the Rison and Woodlawn Centers.
Children who attend our program participate in a wide variety of educational activities. They also receive medical and dental care, healthy meals and snacks, and enjoy playing indoors and outdoors in a safe setting.
Our primary goal is to help all children succeed. Our program is small, but seen as a staple in our community. We are a place where children as well as parents receive education, motivation and inspiration. We strive to promote parents as the primary educator of their children, and try to meet the needs of every child in our program so that they will transition into the public school system healthy, socially well adjusted, and ready to learn.
Child Safety Recalls
- BedHead Pajamas Recalls Children's Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard 10 Apr 2014 | 8:00 am
- J.P. Boden Recalls Boys' Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard (Recall Alert) 9 Apr 2014 | 5:30 am
- Wal-Mart Recalls Dolls Due to Burn Hazard 24 Mar 2014 | 8:00 am
- IKEA Recalls Children?s Bed Canopies Due to Strangulation Hazard 20 Mar 2014 | 10:00 am
- Bedz King Recalls Bunk Beds with Side Ladder Due To Entrapment Hazard (Recall Alert) 20 Mar 2014 | 7:00 am
- Minga Fair Trade Imports Recalls Wooden Flipping Acrobat Toys Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard 20 Mar 2014 | 5:30 am
- Ganz Recalls Grumpy Cat Stuffed Animal Toys Due to Choking Hazard 19 Mar 2014 | 6:30 am